Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sweet and Sour Chicken with a Little Spice!

Sweet and Sour Chicken I love sweet and sour chicken but the recipes I was finding on line were too sweet. I read a few and tweeked them just a little to Isaac's and my liking! Chicken (enough for 3 people w/ NO leftovers or 2 very hungry people) 2 large breasts cut into 1 inch pieces corn starch about a cup 2 eggs lightly beat(may not use all...definitely need more than 1 egg) salt and crack pepper....I put quite a bit of cracked pepper 1/4 or less of canoloa oil...enough to coat pan Sauce 1/2 cup sugar 2 tbs ketchup 2 tbs soy sauce 1/2 cup vinegar 1 tsp garlic salt 2 tbs sriracha sauce Coat chicken with corn starch then egg...brown in hot oil over high heat. Do not cook chicken through. Cook until lightly brown. Place browned chicken into greased dish (I used olive oil Pam) Pour sauce over chicken. This is the right amount of sauce for 2 large breasts. If you make 3-4 breasts I would make more sauce. Bake on 325 for 1 hour. Set timer every 15 minutes and turn chicken to coat w/ sauce. Serve over rice. Next time I will add chopped red pepper and onion to the chicken before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment