Saturday, January 21, 2012

Nanny Tatum's Chicken w/ White Gravy

This was my absolute favorite meal as a child and teenager!  I even requested that my mom make it for my 18th birthday dinner with some of my close friends.  It was always a popular meal at my house.  And I always wanted it served with "sticky rice".  My mom would get comet rice and be sure to make it sticky!!

I have made this meal many times.  I still love it!  And it always reminds me of my Nanny Tatum.  
It is super easy and most of you already know a recipe like it!

1 can of cream of chicken OR cream of mushroom soup mixed w/ 16 oz of sour cream.

Lay dried beef on the bottom of a pyrex dish.  Lay 4-6 chicken breast on top.  Top with mixture of soup and sour cream.  Cover with foil and bake on 300 for 3 hours...taking foil off the last 30 minutes. 

Serve with rice and peas or green beans.  I prefer peas!  SO YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment