Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Soup

OK....FINALLY I will add some recipes!  Sudden move to Wake Forest...new job...new house...have kept me pretty busy!  I have also been BUSY cooking and grabbing my camera though!  As you know cooking is therapy to me and it makes me sooooooo happy!  I am so thankful for the FEW of you out there that read this so I can share with you my love!

This is sooooooo delish!  Perfect for winter...IF we would have one! 

Sautee a chopped red pepper, chopped green onion stalk,chopped  3-4 stalks of celery, 2 cloves of garlic (my good friend and MUCH better cook than me....taught me about that about one tbs of minced garlic is about a clove)  in a STICK of butter!
Add 1 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1 bottle of low carb beer (I used mich ultra), 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1 can rotelle w/ green chilis, 2-3 chicken breast boiled and chopped, 1 tsp. cumin
bring to boil...then reduce heat to med.
Add 1 pkg. cream cheese cubed, 3/4 cup parm cheese, 2 tbs Masa (fine corn meal-found near flour in grocery store usually)
Simmer on med. heat until cheese melts....usually about 2 hours or so. 

SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are writing again! You were my initial inspiration...so I like that you are baaaack!

    ReplyDelete