Friday, January 20, 2012

Sauteed Lemon Basil Cream Chicken

I have literally cooked every night for the past 10 days or so.....taking a BREAK tonight!!!  Cooking makes me very happy though, so I can't complain! 

OK....So once I learned how to make Chicken Picatta it opened up so many ways to create wonderful chicken dishes that are SO easy and fast!  So, I have to thank Giada DeLaurentiis for that!  Once you learn this way to prepare chicken you can create so many flavors.  I LOVE IT!!!

The basic way to prepare the chicken is to pound the chicken breast thin.  Salt and pepper the chicken (I always use sea salt and cracked pepper).  Lightly flour the chicken.  Melt a few pats of butter and a little olive oil in a pan...then add chicken.  Cook five minutes or so on med. heat until chicken is lightly browned on each side.  Then remove chicken from the pan.  DO NOT RINSE THE PAN!!!

For this dish, then squeeze a lemon (one is good for 2 breast...use 2 lemons for 4 or more breasts)  into the pan and scrap the bits that are left over. 

Put the chicken back in the pan and cook on med. for about 20 minutes or so.

Add some heavy cream (Prob. about a 1/2 cup for two chicken breast) and chopped fresh basil.  Use a whisk to stir in the cream and sprinkle in some parmesan cheese. 




Simmer covered for about 15 more minutes.  While it is cooking spoon some of the sauce over the chicken a few times and recover.  I never really time this stuff.  I just do it.  Leaving it longer won't hurt it..just make more tender.  This is very similar to the other lemon basil over penne pasta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment