Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chicken Picatta

OK...all my friends who I have given this recipe to LOVE this!!!  It is sooo good and hard to screw it up!  It came from Giada De Laurentiis.  I will tell you what to do in a nut shell!

 Pound your chicken breast A LOT!  Then sprinkle with salt and papper and a bit of garlic powder. Dredge breasts in flour.  Heat butter and olive oil in a non stick pan.  Sautee chicken till slightly brown on both sides.  Set chicken aside...and DO NOT rinse pan! 

Add 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/3 cup lemon juice..fresh is always better and some rinsed capers to the pan scraping up brown bits.  (this amount of sauce will be good for two or three breasts if you don't need extra sauce for pasta)  Bring liquid to a boil and return breasts to pan....turn heat down and simmer covered for a while.  I usually do it at least 20 minutes or more...sometimes as long as 45 minutes.  If you want more sauce just double the amount of broth and lemon juice.  Also, if sauce is not thick enough...which it sometimes isn't if it has not cooked a while...add some flour/water mix or cornstach/water mix. (just a tablespoon or so)

Also, serve this over angel hair pasta  and top with shredded parm. cheese.. BUT it is GREAT with garlic mashed potatoes.  I was so fortunate to gain this taste from Bonefish Grill...grouper picatta...last few times I have been there it wasn't on the menu but I always ask the chef to make it.  SO DELICIOUS!!!  This is WHY I love PICATTA!!!  And what led me to the flavors.  Sub the chicken for grouper and it is awesome!!!!!

HINT:  I buy the large jar of capers from Costco.  It only costs about 8 dollars and will last forever!!!  Isaac complains when I buy it but I KNOW it saves us money with all the chicken picatta I make!! Even Kenzie Grace loved this when she was only 2 years old! 

1 comment:

  1. My absolute fav! I didn't know about rinsing the capers. I think I will try it with mashed potatoes next time! Thank you! I still remember the first time you made this for me when we were at the beach. I had never tasted a chicken dish that was soooo good! Jamie really loves this one too.

    ReplyDelete