Thursday, July 21, 2011

Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast

I LOVE anything stuffed inside chicken!  The key is to pound the chicken breast. If you do not have a pounder..invest in one!!  I think I got mine at Harris Teeter.  Pound the chicken, then salt and pepper it.  Take cooked spinach (fresh or frozen...I have found it doesn't really matter) and blue cheese and mix in  bowl. I also throw in some parm. cheese as well.   I do not measure (depends how many breasts you are making) but use equal amounts. I also cooked some bacon and crumbled it in.  Spread mixture onto breasts. The roll up the chicken and secure with a toothpick.  Heat butter and olive oil in a pan.  Then roll the chicken in flour and sautee until lightly brown all around chicken in butter and olive oil. 



Then bake on 350 for about 30minutes.  I use the finger test.  If it feels firm, it's done...mushy..not!  It is so hard for me to give recipes because I just never measure and hardly ever time things! 



SOOOOO Yummy!  Probably good for low carbers.  A little flour never hurt anyone!


2 comments:

  1. Yum! I still haven't made it with blue cheese yet.. I love the feta soo much-- but I will have to try it with the blue cheese sometime! I bet goat cheese would be good too! The recipe I have says to sprinkle paprika on the top of the flour.,, it gives it a nice added touch!

    ReplyDelete