Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I have a passion for food...that's all

Raised in Raleigh, now living in Jamestown with my family- husband Isaac (whos taste buds have expanded since marrying me), daughter Kenzie Grace, 4 years old and son Tatum, 1 year old. 

My inspiration is my family and friends- my taste buds fuel my inspiration and I love to try new things, then of course add my own flare. Growing up, I never really liked cooking but I did manage to learn a few of my recipes from my Mom. However, what resonated with me from my Mom as I grew up was the Cardinal Kitchen Rule - 'Clean as you go.' In retrospect, I am so glad I didn't forget that but I hear my Mom saying I hardly ever follow it. Thankfully Isaac and I are good counterparts...I like to cook and he doesn't mind the cleaning. 
 
Sometimes, I go to restaurants or gain a yummy recipe from a friend that I never want to forget, so I memorize the flavor on my tounge and try to replicate. Often times I just find something online to use as a 'base recipe' and then of course, add my own flare and flavors. Fortunately this allows me to make better food at home and we do not have to spend the money. 

If you are already a friend of mine, you know I love to have company, cook for you and share with you my love for food and cooking.  In fact my best friend, Beth Castelda and I get together frequently to try new recipes and cook together.  She is also so generously helping with this blog...because I am COOKING and so ADHD!!  Haha!!

I am beginning a collection of my favorites, to share with you in an effort to pay it forward, so you if you want, you can share with your family.

Cheers!  
Jennifer (and Beth co-editor)

2 comments:

  1. way to go girl! very proud of you!!!!!! Ju Ramos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am SO EXCITED to see this blog!!! I can't wait to see all your posts :)

    ReplyDelete